One of life’s saddest moments is the passing of a loved one.
Mourning, planning and paying for a funeral can sometimes add to an already heavy load. You can ease this financial burden on your family with a Funeral Plan from Discovery Life.
Discovery funeral cover pays out a lump-sum amount of between R10 000 and R60 000 on your death or the death of an insured family member. The following benefits apply on the Discovery Funeral Plan in the event of a death:
– Payment in 24 hours: Discovery will pay out your claim within 24 hours once they receive the necessary paperwork.
– Double your payout on accidental death: Discovery will automatically pay double the cover amount if you or your spouse dies as a result of an accidentContinued cover for your spouse: After your death, we will pay the funeral cover premium for one year to ensure your spouse and children will have funeral cover, provided your spouse is younger than 65 at the time of your death.
– Payout for your children’s education: The education Benefit will provide a lump-sum payout per child on your death or the death of your spouse. This will assist in ensuring your children’s education costs will be covered following a life-changing event. The education payout will differ according to the plan you choose
– Cover for groceries: The Grocery Benefit will pay out a lump sum for you and your spouse, which can be used to cater for your household during or after the funeral. The payout will differ according to the plan you choose
– Cover for the unveiling: The Memorial Benefit is an automatic benefit that will pay a lump sum of R5 000 for both you and your spouse to assist with the costs of the unveiling.
– Automatic baby cover: If your child dies within the first three months of birth, or is a still born, you will receive a lump-sum payout. This will be paid to you or your spouse.